ForumsQuestionsprivate folder tasks on gmail calendar?

private folder tasks on gmail calendar?
tnsimm

Posted: Sep 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Pro version so I can share certain folders with someone. However, this person also has access to my gmail calendar. I notice when I look at my task list in the calendar that even events that are in private folders show up there. Is there a way to tell toodledo to not put private folder tasks onto gmail's calendar? Thanks!
Anders

No, all tasks will show up there regardless of folder settings. The private setting hides folders from public sharing, and from collaborators on Toodledo. The Gcal gadget is really a portal to the Slim version of the Toodledo website which is why you have to log in to it, and all your stuff will show up there.
Anders

Just to clarify, you are sharing your Google account with other people, is that correct? If you are only sharing your Google calendars with other people on separate Google accounts, not actually sharing your Google account, then they will not see your Toodledo stuff. If you are sharing your Google account with others who you do not want to see your private stuff it might be a good idea to use Google calendar's sharing options, and set up an account of your own for privacy's sake. It is very easy to share any calendar on Google between multiple people with different accounts.
tnsimm

Oh, very interesting....I'm only sharing my Google calendar with other people and did not realize they would not see my Toodledo stuff. That's actually GREAT for what I want to do. Thanks!
Anders

The only way people on separate Google accounts could see your Toodeldo tasks is if they added the Toodledo gadget to their Google Calendar, and you gave them your login details, or if you enable the Toodledo iCal subscription, and gave them the secret address.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.