ForumsQuestionsBooklet printing in Asian character

Booklet printing in Asian character
kenbeyond

Posted: Jun 25, 2008
Score: 3 Reference
Hi
I am a pro user of toodledo,from China.Toodledo is really easy to use.

I have a problem with the booklet feature.All the chinese characters in the booklet pdf file become question marks.I guess this is due to the character encoding issue in the database.Do you use the western(ISO-8859-1) or the Unicode(UTF-8)?

By the way,there are also question marks in the google calendar through the output ical.

I do love the booklet feature.

Maybe the non english character users are minorities here,but I do hope the developer team would pay attention to this problem.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Yes, because of the software that we use to generate the PDF booklet, we cannot use Unicode characters. We are looking into alternatives that will allow us to provide better booklet printing for people who use non English characters.
r8

Posted: Aug 02, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, because of the software that we use to generate the PDF booklet, we cannot use Unicode characters. We are looking into alternatives that will allow us to provide better booklet printing for people who use non English characters.

Hello.
I already wrote you about unicode problems, but it seems that I will not be fixed in nearest future :(

If you can't generate unicode PDF, can you at least fix iCal output?
Or add content type headers to emails you send?

You see, if I get garbled email, I can switch my browser or mail client to utf codepage. But when you send email without codepage information to sms gate it sends me garbled SMS. And I can't switch codepages on my phone. So I simply can't read SMS, that Toodledo sends me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. The last time we tested UTF characters in email and iCal, it was working, but we'll look at it again and see if we missed something.
r8

Posted: Aug 20, 2008
> The last time we tested UTF characters in email and iCal, it was working,
> but we'll look at it again and see if we missed something.

Any luck?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2008
Sorry, we have not had a chance to look into this yet. It's on our todo list.
r8

Posted: Sep 05, 2008
That means, my 2-years subscription was completely waste of money :(

Ok, I understand that non-english users aren't important to you because of their small amount. I sent you first bugreport about unicode problems many months ago, but no results yet. Sorry, I will get back to Todoist.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 05, 2008
In all the testing that we have done, UTF characters are working on our end. What email program are you using? Can you please explain the steps that you are taking to send emails via Toodledo?

Thanks
lmhb1007

Posted: Jan 13, 2009
Hi, I'm a pro subscription user from Japan.

Is there any update in solving the encoding problem with booklets?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 13, 2009
Sorry, there isn't an update on this issue. It's still on our to-do list.
i031928

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Hi, I am Korean user, I also have the same problem for unicode issues. recently mosy of software support unicode, expecially when you automatically generate PDF format Booklet, you just apply unicode to it.

Please help this for all Asian users.
Reefer

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Considering between RTM, Toodledo and Touchtodo currently and only Toodledo has problem with uncode in webcal and PDF while others work fine.
Do you have any date in mind for solving this bug?

This message was edited Mar 16, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2009
We do not comment on when we will release new features or bug fixes, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.