ForumsQuestionsDue on/Due by iphone sync issue

Due on/Due by iphone sync issue
chmosconi

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I entered a bunch of new tasks to the website, having just deleted all tasks to start from scratch. All tasks were due ON a certain date, and were marked that way. I had recently purged my iphone data (so all past tasks of any kind should have been deleted from there as well). I did a sync, and at first everything was good. An hour later, I opened the iphone app again, causing it to resync. All the tasks now appeared twice, and all the new duplicates were set up as "due by" instead of "due on". I looked at the website, and it had only one of each task, but they had all changed to "due by". I synced again and all my original "due on" tasks disappeared. So the end result is all the tasks on both iphone and website have changed themselves to "due by", so they don't filter how I want. Any idea what would cause this? Thanks.
IceHeartX

in the last couple days I've had strangeness while syncing as well.

I've lost the status field data, lost some things I starred and had my hotlist fluctuate wildly over the course of multiple syncs with my iphone (during which I had made no changes)

I'm not sure if I was having connection troubles during the sync or what
Anders

I haven't seen any of this, but I generally only use Due By or Optionally On. It may be worth your while to start a support ticket because that definitely shouldn't be happening.
chmosconi

Additional info, I am also using pocket informant on the iphone, which syncs with toodledo. Could that be messing things up somehow? I'll open a ticket up on this.
Anders

Are you using both the Toodledo iPhone app and PI? One way or another, I would guess that PI is the cause. PI does not support Toodledo's Due Date modifiers. Any Due Date you set in PI will come up to Toodledo as Due By since that is the default Due Date type on Toodledo. That does not really explain what happened because whatever modifier is set on the site should be preserved after sync. I would still bet it is something PI is doing. In which case you will need to seek support from WebIS, the developers of PI:
PI iPhone support: http://www.pocketinformant.com/sup/support_request_iphone.php
PI iPhone forum: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61
IceHeartX

Posted by chmosconi:

Additional info, I am also using pocket informant on the iphone, which syncs with toodledo. Could that be messing things up somehow? I'll open a ticket up on this.

I'd say that PI's sync is broken. I use both the official TD app and PI and I can see that PI doesn't always sync correctly. I haven't gotten around to sending in trouble tickets to them yet.

there's only a couple features I like about PI over the real app as it is

(google calendar integration is nice, their task view with the multi-colored "pill"s and the "enter multiple tasks" pretty much.)

Sadly the app crashes too frequently to rely on it as my only app despite an overall preference for the PI UI
Anders

I just checked, and if I create a task with the Due On modifier, and then sync to PI, it keeps the "=" on Toodledo even though it means nothing to PI. So you've definitely got a bug that should be reported to WebIS.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.