ForumsQuestions"repeat after"

"repeat after"
coachdan007

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thinking of moving over from RTM because of taskjot/bb integration.

I'm a heavy user of the 'repeat after' feature that allows me to repeat a task so many days/weeks/months after it is marked complete.

-Get a haircut---repeat after 6 weeks
-Change the oil--repeat after 3 months
-Call client X---repeat after 5 weeks

How do I set this up on Toodledo?

Thanks,

-Dan
Anders

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Just make sure you have the Repeat field enabled under "Fields & Functions Used" in your Account Settings.
Here is the help topic on repeating tasks: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=repeat
It sounds like what you want is "Repeat from Completion Date", and if you click on the advanced repeat options, Toodledo understands things like "every 6 months", etc.
Alan

Posted: Sep 12, 2009
coachdan007:

Take the time to read all three sections of the help text concerning "Repeating Tasks" that Anders has referred to. You will find, as did I, that Toodledo offers functionality that far exceeds what RTM can offer. I moved over from RTM several months back and wondered why I didn't do it a long time ago.

It takes a few weeks to get used to the Toodledo interface, which at first many users find to be "ugly" after coming from RTM (as did I) but once you get used to it, you also will find that it really does lend itself to greater productivity.

Finally, this is a great community of users who are excited by this application and feel positive about it. The support from the developer and community is terrific, and the developer listens to his customers/users and makes frequent upgrades and tweeks based on the feedback he gets. You'll find the communication and attitude here is VERY different from the "we're not allowed to talk about it" approach over at the cow shed.

Enjoy.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.