ForumsQuestionsSmart Syntax on Web

Smart Syntax on Web
Vin Thomas

Posted: Sep 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
As much as I despise Remember the Milk as a company (and will never go back) I do like how they just implemented the Smart Add Feature. It makes entering a task super easy and QUICK! Saves tons of clicks. The best part of it IMO is how it auto-generates a drop-down of available options when adding a task detail.

Since Toodledo already uses this in it's email/twitter syntax, wouldn't this be fairly easy to add to the website? Maybe I am just being ignorant of the complexities of all this.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
Yup, that pretty much looks like the suggestion that has been discussed a couple of times for having a quick add box on the website that would use the email syntax (even looks like RTM is using a very similar syntax to Toodledo's). As you suggest though, the "smart" part of it that suggests options is pretty cool.
Vin Thomas

Yeah, that would be a game changer for Toodledo IMO. Plus it might be a solution to adding properties that might not be enabled in the account settings (repeat, due date, etc).
Anders

Interesting...
By the way Vin, if you hang onto that iPod, it can be used for that purpose too (you can have different fields enabled).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.