ForumsQuestionssync trouble

sync trouble
bluiz13

Posted: Sep 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
i have tasks in my outlook, online and on my iphone but when i sync from my phone each day they all get erased...i have to then sync from my outlook at home to the website and then back again to my iphone....i have no way of knowing what the hell is new and what i might be missing because sometimes i add tasks to my phone that may not make it to the website or then to my outlook because on the next sync they are all erased....i'm soooo confused...please help, i'm getting tired of using this app that i PAID for....
Anders

That should definitely not be happening. Are you using the official Toodledo iPhone app, or one of the 3rd party apps? If you are using the official app, there is no bug I have heard of like that. I would try turning off the Outlook sync to see if that might be where the problem is coming from. The sync tool has produced that sort of strange behavior for some people.
Anders

One other thing to check. Make sure your timezone is correctly set in your Toodledo Account Settings.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 16, 2009
If you go into your account settings and look at the "recently deleted tasks" list, it will tell you what happened. I suspect that it is the Outlook sync app.
bluiz13

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
where do i check the timezone setting???
i just checked recently deleted items and this is who it says deleted my items....chromadrakesyncapp0996
luckily i turned the auto sync feature off on my iphone so they didnt get deleted off the phone list, only on the toodledoo website list...they are also still in my outlook at home...help me please...this is an app i paid for on my iphone i think like 5 bucks or maybe it was the 10 dollar one...
if i turn off the outlook sync tool, then how am i going to keep all lists up to date??? i add things on my phone and my outlook mostly, i dont come to the toodledoo website to add tasks....
help please...i need a reliable task program and was really excited when i got this but have steadily gotten more and more frustrated with the deleting of my tasks.....
Anders

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
You can check your timezone setting in your Account Settings: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php
Or just click on the clock in your Toodledo sidebar.

The deleted tasks list is telling you that the Outlook sync tool is what is causing your problem, which is strange since they are still in Outlook. The sync tool is not developed by Toodledo. It is a third party application, and you should check their website to make sure you have set it up properly: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

You should also try emailing a trace log from the sync tool to its developer whose email is listed on that site. He may be able to diagnose your trouble from that.

Another thing you can do is post in the Third Party Applications forum where the developer of the sync tool answers user questions. Before posting, you may want to look around at other threads on the sync tool to see if your issue has already been raised.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.