ForumsQuestionsexpected functionality

expected functionality
IceHeartX

Posted: Sep 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
parent tasks with completed child tasks in grid mode still appear as parent tasks (thus cannot be moved into another task as a sub task) despite having (apparently) no tasks in them.

I understand that this is likely intended functionality (saving completed tasks for posterity in their correct context) but am curious how others work around it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
They do have subtasks in them, they are just all completed. So it is still a parent. You can reveal the completed subtasks by changing the filters.

Hope that helps.
IceHeartX

it's a logistics thing.

if you delete a context, all the tasks that had that context suddenly go context-less.

would it be possible to add another option to the hover menu to convert parents into regular tasks, leaving all the children parentless? Or even a "clone this task without children" option would fit my goal here.

that way if I have a task with a bunch of completed sub tasks in it i can just dump the contents without having to move each sub task out via drag & drop.
Anders

I can't say that I've ever felt a need to make a parent task into a subtask, but the clone parent only idea seems like it could be useful. Instead of promoting all the subtasks, you could just give the parent a repeat and complete it. As long as none of the subtasks are repeating, you would get a duplicate of the parent only.

Edit: I was trying this out, and noticed a little bug. When you complete a repeating parent task that regenerates without its subtasks, the next occurrence shows up with the "subtasks" icon (and it says "click to reveal (#) subtasks" when hovered on). It seems to think it still has subtasks, but if you click the icon, it converts into the "hand" icon that should have been displayed originally.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.