ForumsQuestionsSub-tasks: nested with multiple levels?

Sub-tasks: nested with multiple levels?
Toddbg

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Quick question regarding sub-tasks and the number of levels I can nest.

My overall task list will have a combination of
tasks/actions: things that are small enough chunks to just get done
projects: groupings of tasks that are all related to one another
categories: groupings of projects that are all related to each other.

Ideally we could have infinite levels of sub-tasks rather than just the one(correct?)
however if we had to pick an arbitrary number to limit to I would vote for two additional levels.

What is the current status of sub-tasks and feature development on this?
Anders

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but there is currently one level of subtasks. I use tasks for "tasks/actions", parent tasks for "projects" (with subtasks as the actions), and Folders for "categories". Works pretty well for me, but I certainly wouldn't mind more hierarchy. Toodledo has said they plan to add at least one additional level at some point.
Toddbg

Cool - thanks Anders.
I re-read my question and it was not very clear - however you answered it anyways.
Ill try folders - that may work.

Any idea on a timeframe from toodledo as to when the additional subtasks levels will e done?
Anders

No, Toodledo doesn't comment on release dates. They do deliver updates at a pretty regular pace though, but there is way of knowing exactly when something in particular might be implemented.
Another thing you can do if you really want to break your tasks down further is to use Folders as projects. Then you have both tasks and subtasks to work with below that, and you can use Tags or Goals for "Categories". There are advantages and disadvantages to either system, and it really comes down to your personal preferences to determine which one is better.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.