ForumsQuestionsIs this app worth buying? I'm having trouble already

Is this app worth buying? I'm having trouble already
alton.jx

Posted: Sep 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I can only see like 10 completed tasks in my app, I have the lite version though. NOt sure if this is one of the limitations. I have toggled the lists to show "All" from the general section, but only a few are showing. They all show if I search, but they're not showing in the folder =(

Settings > General > (Completed Tasks) Show All... That's what I have selected, I'm not sure whats wrong :(

It's only showing 10 completed tasks when I have 112 completed tasks.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2009.
Anders

What app are you referring to? The Toodledo web app, or some iPhone app?
On the webapp, if you turn off the recently completed filter, you can see anything that was completed less than two weeks ago, but only search will turn up older completed tasks. You need a Pro account to enable the History option which shows all of your completed tasks. The official Toodledo iPhone app also has a filter for completed tasks, but it allows you to see all of them if you want. So I am guessing you must be using a third party iPhone app if you cannot see your completed tasks.
alton.jx

I am using the ToDo Lite app for the iPhone 3Gs. I can see only 10 completed tasks

Anders

Todo is a third party app made by Appigo. You can get support from them through their website: http://www.appigo.com/

Though I suspect what you are running into is a limitation of the lite version because I believe Todo can show all completed tasks.
alton.jx

Oh okay, just to be sure, the Todo one is the $9.99 one right? And it works with this toodledo stuff without this 10 task completion limitation? There's so many damn todo apps i'm not sure what to buy
Anders

Yes, the Todo app is the $10 dollar one (well there are actually 3 different 10 dollar apps that sync with Toodledo), but I'm pretty sure you're using Todo. The official Toodledo app is cheaper, and I prefer it, but both are nice and each has advantages. Unfortunately, there is no lite version of the Toodledo app.
alton.jx

Yeah, I understand. ToDo has so many features compared to ToodleDo though. so I need to go to them for that kind of help right?
Anders

Yes, they have a support system and a Google group as well.
I am not trying to sell you on the Toodledo app, but I do have to point out that it is a misconception that Todo has "more" features. The apps have different features. Todo is visually more impressive and polished. Toodledo is more customizable, has more available fields and filtering methods. Todo has universal Context and Tag filters. Toodledo has a better Push setup, and much better system of synchronization (automatically syncs changes as you make them). Todo has special task types. Toodledo provides more than 10 times as many sorting options. Todo has checklists. Toodledo has Goals. I could go on and on. As I said, I am not trying to dissuade you from going with Todo (I am not a Toodledo employee, just a volunteer). It is a very good app. I just wanted to clarify the situation.

alton.jx

Ah, they both sound real nice then. I'm not really too sure on how to use their forums though, it's kinda weird. =(
Anders

I agree. I am not a fan of Google Groups. It seems like a project that Google came up with, and then immediately gave up on, really one of the sorriest things they have done IMO.

Anyway, you have to click on "Discussions" and then on "+new post". I am not sure, but you may have to join the group, or at least sign in with a Google account to be able to post.

You can also contact Appigo directly here: http://appigo.com/contact
alton.jx

Ah, okay. Thanks man! :) I purchased the real version and now it's showing the rest of my tasks.

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.