ForumsQuestionsReminder for repeated tasks on iPhone

Reminder for repeated tasks on iPhone
skater

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
How do I get reminders on my iphone for a repeated task?

e.g. I would like to have a reminder every day at 19:00 to check my pending work at home.

When I set a task to repeat everyday my reminder just works on the first due date and after that I won't get any reminders any more.
Any solution for this problem?

Thank you and regards
Dominique
Anders

I use reminders for repeating tasks, and have never had the reminder removed after the first completion. Are you using the official Toodledo iPhone app or one of the third party apps? Further detail about how you are creating and marking complete this task might help also.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2009.
skater

Hello anders
Thank you for your answer!
Yes I'm using the official app from Toodledo.
I create my tasks as follows:

+ Add Task
1) Name it
2) choose a Folder
3) choose Due Date (future or today)
4) choose Due Date/Time (at least 1 hour in future Time) > check box Remind me 1 hour before
5) Repeat > Daily
6) Repeat From > Due Date
7) Lenght > left blank
8) choose Priority
9) add detailed Note
+ Add

Thank you for your help

Ps. I've noted that I had created this Task from my Iphone and there I had no simple option to choose repeat > daily only advanced ones so I choosed Every 1 day.

Best regards
Dominique
Anders

I just tested this out by creating a task on the website, and also creating a task on the iPhone, and when I mark the task complete, another version appears that is due tomorrow, and it has the reminder. When you do this, is the reminder field blank? Or does it say it has the reminder set, but you just don't receive it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have also been unable to replicate the problem. Anders has the critical question. On the rescheduled task that doesn't result in a reminder, is the reminder checkbox checked?

Do you complete the task on the iPhone or website?
skater

Posted: Sep 30, 2009
That was it ;-)! I never completed the tasks so they didn't reproduce themselves.
Thank you very much for your help.

Toodledo is great to keep it simple an organized!
Exactly what I needed!

Regards
Dominique
iamlorenwade

I am having trouble related to this as well. I have a set list of things I do every day. After I complete, it reproduces itself. Is there any way to change when it reproduces or how? How about a way to change the importance of something due today rather than tomorrow without having to change it every time?
Anders

Importance is set based on Due Date, Priority, and the Star, so something Due tomorrow will have a lower importance than something Due today if Priority and Star are the same. One thing you can do is give daily repeating tasks a Start Date that is the same as their Due Date. That way, If you have the future tasks filter on, those tasks won't appear until the day they are due (you will see them immediately after completing the previous occurrance, but they will then dissappear until the next day.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.