ForumsQuestionsAlerts / Reminders, Problem if via Outlook Sync

Alerts / Reminders, Problem if via Outlook Sync
jlinck

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I think I must be missing something basic as I've read a zillion posts and web sites on how to get my Task Alarms to alert me on my iPhone. I have my tasks on Outlook and I sync them to toodledo.com and then to my iphone via the Outlook Sync setup. I often have reminders/alerts on my tasks, but I never get reminders/alerts on my iphone. I have the reminders turned on in all the places and have the alerts set to "iPhone". Not sure what I am missing or how to even figure out what's missing.
Anders

Are the reminders on the Toodledo website? You can't just set them in Outlook because the Outlook sync tool does not sync reminders (See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2296/0/outlook-sync-tool-and-due-time.html ). They are not in Toodledo's API yet. I am hoping that the ability to add/remove reminders will be added myself. Currently the only way to get Toodledo notifications is to set the reminder either on the website or on the iPhone app, setting a reminder in Outlook won't do it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do plan to allow reminders to be set via the API which would allow third party apps, like the outlook sync tool to sync this information.
jlinck

Posted: Sep 30, 2009
Thanks. Too bad, but that helps. They are pretty critical for me (i.e., I've come to rely on them). Thus, I need to search for an alternative to do list program...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.