ForumsQuestionsUpload file size & type?

Upload file size & type?
andy56

Posted: Oct 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Trying to upload a file from a word processing program for writers called Scrivener (excellent by the way).

The Toodledo file browse function will find it but when I hit the Upload button, nothing happens. Hid its file type, but that made no difference.

Finder File Size says it is 108 KB.

So does Toodledo restrict uploads to specific types and sizes?

If so what are they?

Could not find a straight answer in Toodledo help or forums.

Cheers,

Andy Shaw
Anders

Posted: Oct 02, 2009
As far as I know there is no size limit (other than the account limit of 1GB). I have also uploaded much larger files than that without any difficulty.

There is also no restriction by file type that I know of. It shouldn't matter what kind of a file it is as long as it has all the data stored within it. The Toodledo site doesn't have to be able to read the files after all. Have you had success uploading other files in the past? Is it possible that the file is not really a file at all (I'm thinking of something like a OneNote notebook which is not really a file, but a huge mess of different files)?
stevemlec

Posted: Feb 18, 2010
I am using the "Toodledo Outlook Sync" tool and there seems to be a limit for note sizes coming from Outlook 2007 to the Toodledo Notebook. I have a note that is about 4KB that is getting truncated after about 80% of the note is shown in Notebook. Is this a limitation of the sync tool or the Toodledo Notebook feature or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2010
This is a limitation of the sync tool. We allow notes to be 32k.

Please contact the developer and let him know about the bug.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx
stevemlec

Posted: Feb 24, 2010
FYI I got the following reply from Chromatic Dragon:

"This is a known limitation of the application. Unfortunately I don't have any plans to change this in the near future as it will require a substantial rewrite to fix."

For now I will just need to keep my notes at a couple KB.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.