ForumsQuestionsiCal subscription with alarms

iCal subscription with alarms
Guillermo

Posted: Oct 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It would be great that the subscribed iCal calendar events would have by default an alarm, for example, 5 min before the event, so if you sync this with iPhone, you would have native alarms for Tasks without having to use push.
Anders

I think it would be nice if Toodledo's reminders were supported by the iCal, so you would only see reminders for tasks you set them for. BTW, if you add the iCal to Google Calendar, and then sync to your iPhone, you can set a calendar-wide default reminder, so every item will set off an alarm on your iPhone. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that if you add the iCal directly to the iPhone calendar.
Guillermo

I used the solution mentioned with Google calendar. The problem is that Google does not refresh the calendars often enough (maybe every 24hr or 12hr) and it is not very reliable if you set a task to due the same day in a couple of hours, for example. That's why I was thinking of subscribing directly from Toodledo to the calendar app in iPhone so you can set it up to sync every 15 min or 1 hr.
Anders

That is exactly the trade-off. I wish the iPhone calendar would allow setting alarms for subscribed calendars. Anyway, there have been suggestions for customization options for the iCal, and I'm sure Toodledo will take this into consideration.
Guillermo

Thanks! Now I get it. Sorry I was a little bit slow :-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.