ForumsQuestionsSuggestion: Quick Entry for New Tasks

Suggestion: Quick Entry for New Tasks
Alan

Posted: Oct 07, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
This one should be fairly easy to implement:

It would be great if Toodledo would allow users to enter new tasks using the same coding that is used to send new tasks by email. What a time saver! A new box could be added to the top of each screen where appropriate.

RTM has recently done such an enhancement. I assume it would be relatively simple, since the parsing is already set up to handle emailed tasks, no?

You should be able to enter something like:

Finish the Report ! #next friday *ProjectA @work $Active ~1hour

...just as you do when you email a task, and all appropriate fields would be completed automatically.

Please please please????
Claudio

Score: 1 Reference
The info is here: http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2009/09/introducing-smart-add-a-smarter-way-to-add-your-tasks/

Not only can you use the email syntax, the website will automatically offer a list of choices as soon you type the relevant character. For example, when you type # it pops up a list of Tags; if you type @ it shows Locations (similar to Contexts.)
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
This is one of my top 3 requests. This would be an amazing feature!
Anders

Yes, this would be very cool. I remember this being discussed several months back, so perhaps it is already on Toodledo's list.
mark

I actually have Launchy set up to do this (admittedly via Twitter).
Alt-Space anywhere, then the same syntax as emailed tasks.
Great for sending in quick tasks that appear during the day and I don't need to go to the browser.
Anders

There is an Adobe AIR app that does this as well, but it would still be a great addition to have it right on the website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Oct 10, 2009
Gotta add my vote...if for no other reason than it'll get me to memorize the shortcuts. ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.