ForumsQuestionsTASK DESCRIPTION

TASK DESCRIPTION
e2badg

Posted: Oct 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I was wondering if there is a way to have a Task Description field or a workaround.. I know you have the notes field but I like to keep it seprate ...do you allow diffrent color text???
Anders

There is no way (other than custom user styles) to change text color. What exactly do you mean by task "description"? I just think of the title as being a description, but you seem to be looking for something else.
Proximo

I am with Anders on this one.

The Task Title is normally a brief description of the task. The notes can be used for more details if needed.

Example:

"Call Mom"

It's a basic title for a task but also describes the task.

I would not call this task "Call" and require a description in the notes field that says. "Call Mom"

Usually the task title can work as a simple description. Again, you can always use the notes field for more details when needed.
e2badg

Thanks for you replies....maybe I am asking too much ..I am trying to use toodledo more for project management. Example: Task Name: Work on Security Policy....Description = MEMO Field ---details of work needed---Notes Field --notes on progress.

Text color would be great ---I am a former "TODOIST free account" which allows color text for priority. Then I can use color to seprate my description and notes on progress

Sorry for being a pain but it is what it is and I'll move on...

Thanks

E
Anders

I am still not 100% clear on what you are looking for, but there are two things I will mention. One is that this is an area where subtasks might be beneficial. For instance "Work on..." is not really a task to me. If it is not something you can do, then it is more of a project, and subtasks could both break it down into steps and serve as a measure of progress. Second, the Tag field can be used for just about anything, and though this would be an unusual use, it would probably work since it is just another text field really.
Proximo

Posted: Oct 13, 2009
@e2badg

I think you will find that the Toodledo forums and their users are always willing to help and would never consider someone a pain.

So ask away and let's see what ideas are posted.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.