ForumsQuestionsSuggestion: Number Tabs for Keyboard Shortcuts

Suggestion: Number Tabs for Keyboard Shortcuts
Alan

Posted: Oct 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Now that Toodledo recognizes a number as a keyboard shortcut to move between various tabs within a view, it would be really helpful if the tab titles were prefixed with a small number so you don't have to count tabs in your head to use the shortcuts.

Example:

1-Tab A.......... 2-Tab B.......... 3-Tab C ...etc

The number can be in a small font. It would just provide a required visual queue to quicken the process of using this new and useful keyboard shortcut.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2009.
Anders

This is a cool idea. There is a Greasemonkey script called "Toodledo for All" that does this, and a number of other handy things (color coding, minimized sidebar with links still available). However, it is a bit rough, and throws my columns for tasks/subtasks out of alignment, but it could be due to my small screen resolution. Anyway, I thought I would mention it. Edit: FYI, it is also available as a userstyle for Stylish.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Alan

Posted: Mar 30, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm kind of bumping this up again. Any chance it could be looked at?
lite1

Alan as work around to get you partially there simply edit your folder names so that you have 1. 2. 3. at the beginning. Not as elegant and takes up more space, but you'll know the numbers.

Given the much higher priorities imhop for developer time I think all of us need to put up with certain annoyances and our wish-list to allow for focus on what are probably higher priorities.

Personally I have the labels on my folders down to 2 or 3 letter acronym so that the Folder tabs take up as little room as possible and in fact I use the keyboard shortcut to move around so much I have the Folder and # memorized.
PeterW 

Although none of us know what the "higher priorities" are or where any specific request we've made sits on the todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.