ForumsQuestionsCollaboration Questions

Collaboration Questions
Dave

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Agreed this is the #1 thing on my wishlist. Would be excellent to have this feature.
Jon_R

Also #1 on my list (with easy tag management being a close 2nd).

I did not notice this topic before creating a new one yesterday asking same question. Toodledo's response was it is on their to-do list for a future upgrade. Bad thing is that I need to start sharing a task list/folder with wife right now and Toodledo will not work(does not pass ease of use for wife, or being able to work on mobile device through either slim site or an Android app).

While it is hard to compare RTM and Toodledo - I believe Toodledo is a superior product, and their support/interaction with their users is heads and shoulders above RTM. But unfortunately after checking out RTM, which does the shared lists/folders, we are going to have to move over to it until Toodledo can release shared folders.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2010.
Dave

@John_R We are on the exact same page, while the wife and I are making it work for now. I want to have the same "shared" lists with her. Hopefully it will be implemented soon since I didn't really like RTM nearly as much as Toodledo
joshua.easton

Posted: Jun 15, 2010
+15 for me my wife, our business and teams.

Are you still "really wanting to implement this in the future"?

Would love to see this really soon.
marie

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
so... from Sept 2008 to July 2010, there is no update on adding sharing to the API? While I understand not wanting to give any estimation of release, how far down is this request in the backlog? Is it near the top (may get done soon) or towards the bottom (may not get done for a long time)?

My husband and I want to share folders in our to do lists so we can have separate accounts with our own tasks, but share other tasks. And collaboration isn't a part of the API so we can't do that with GotToDo. I bought him a pro account so we could do this, but apparently it doesn't work like that. i could have saved the $15 until it actually works. :(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am sorry that there has been no visible progress on sharing via the API. This is still on the to-do list. We have limited resources and this has been one of those things that we haven't gotten to yet. But we need it to app sharing to our iPhone app so we will be adding it sooner rather than later.
Dave

Posted: Jul 21, 2010
Sharing has got to be the most requested feature on Toodledo. There seems to be a new post about it every week. I have 3 coworkers that want to purchase a pro account as soon as it is available.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2010
Yes, Sharing is one of the top requests. It is a very complicated issue, but we are working on it.
theeditress

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I completely agree. Your software could be useful for collaborators, project managers, couples, and even administrators and the bosses they manage. But without the capability to add to-dos to someone else's to-do list, I'm not sure what I would even use this for.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2010
You can add to-dos to someone else's list. This is already supported by our sharing tools.
Nate.logic

Posted: Aug 14, 2010
Yes I should have saved the money on 2 pro accounts until this was working. But at least a proper answer to the question instead of its in our top priority canned answer.

Silly comment but maybe you should use this program to GTD. How about a "chain" to show the progress on this task or something. If I know this is going to be in the quick near future I will stop looking / working on getting a share point server running and wait for your update. I don't think this is an unnecessary request when we are all trying to manage our own task and / or grow our businesses etc

Posted by marie:
so... from Sept 2008 to July 2010, there is no update on adding sharing to the API? I understand not wanting to give any estimation of release, how far down is this request in the backlog? Is it near the top (may get done soon) or towards the bottom (may not get done for a long time)?

My husband and I want to share folders in our to do lists so we can have separate accounts with our own tasks, but share other tasks. And collaboration isn't a part of the API so we can't do that with GotToDo. I bought him a pro account so we could do this, but apparently it doesn't work like that. i could have saved the $15 until it actually works. :(
nospam

Posted: Aug 16, 2010
I know you cannot give us a date but can you at least give us an idea on how you plan on implementing sharing in the iPhone app.

Is it going to be like the website where you can just basically switch between different Toodledo accounts- no way to move tasks from your own to a shared folder.

Or is sharing going to be implemented like Nozbe and Dropbox do it where you can get one consolidated view of your own as well as shared items and can easily move items/tasks between your own and the shared projects/folders.

I apologize if I sound critical however the way sharing is implemented currently it is not very useful. I would like to use this with multiple employees but I often create a task and do not know who I am going to assign it to until later. Unless I am missing something there is no way to move a task from my list to a shared list so I have to deleted and recreate the task in the collaborators list ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 3 Reference
We plan to support the current method of sharing, in addition to an improvement that would allow true-sharing of tasks where anyone in the group can see/manage the task list.
Nate.logic

So does that mean I should stop setting up my share point server?
nospam

Any chance of a little bit more clarification.

Will I be able to move a task from my list to a share list ?

Will I be able to see see a view where my tasks are integrated with shared tasks ?

(I want to see both my personal task and business tasks together but I only want to share my business tasks)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2010
I am sorry, but I cannot provide additional information. We have not finalized the feature set yet.
vic.ly

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
Almost two years since OP posted the first message. Are we getting any closer to having true sharing? Has anyone found any workarounds using Toodledo?
maria.erman

Posted: Sep 15, 2010
It's really a shame this has not been implemented yet. I absolutely love Toodledo as a tool to manage my personal tasks, yet still, the main reason both me and my husband registered for pro subscriptions, was for the sharing of tasks (which didn't work as we had hoped, i.e. as true sharing).
ivrova

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Wow, thank God I didn't go straight into the paid subscription. The whole draw of this app is to be able to share lists between a couple or group, and it can't even do that. False advertising to say the least. Lazy programming to say even more. 2 1/2 years and you can't even deliver the #1 request to potential customers?

Do the people at Toodledo not like making money?
Mark

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
I am sharing (at level 3) two folders with collaborators, and they do not appear to be able to edit the ordering of columns for these folders in grid view. Is this a current limitation, or are we missing something?

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.