ForumsQuestionsCollaboration Questions

Collaboration Questions
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by ivrova:
False advertising to say the least. Lazy programming to say even more. 2 1/2 years and you can't even deliver the #1 request to potential customers?
Do the people at Toodledo not like making money?

I think the dev is using Toodledo to manage the development of Toodledo itself.

He simply may not have found a real need for collaboration yet.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2010.
meganbrowdy

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I just paid for a Pro Sub for my wife (and I have one) based on sharing. Since it does not work, I will be requesting a refund.
mmartin

Posted: Nov 29, 2010
This is a serious weakness in the software. It makes Toodledo basically unusable in a business setting. Please provide some status on if, how and when this might be implemented in the software.
Henrik

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
My 3 most anticipated requests for Toodledo (in order of importance):

1.) Shared task lists.
2.) Task dependencies.
3.) Infinitely nestable subtasks.
nospam

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
While I like Toodledo I am starting to look elsewhere because of a lack of sharing. I am currently evaluating Producteev. I would hate to make the switch only to have toodledo release sharing soon after. Any update on when we might see real sharing.
j2020

Posted: Dec 24, 2010
Posted by Toodledo, July 20, 2010:
We have limited resources and this has been one of those things that we haven't gotten to yet.

So it's been 5 months since that post was made, and 27 months since the thread was started. Let me guess... we still shouldn't expect real sharing anytime soon?

You've been "working on it" since George Bush was in office.
Dave

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
They announced in the "News" area of the forum that Collaboration will be their main focus for the beginning of 2011.
finalfantasyaddict

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Would it not simply be easy to make a seperate Toodledo Account for Sharing and give both people (or all in cases of more than 2) the Username and Password? Then the updates would be real-time and Sharing would easily be possible. I do believe this is basically the idea behind the sync between the iPhone app and the website.
JSerio

Posted: Jan 06, 2011
This feature is an important one for my team as well. Coming from RTM, our assumption was that task sharing was implemented with true sharing in Tooledo.

Designing the database with a one-to-many relationship between task and owner(s) (while qualifying that the shared owners each have a Pro account) is not a difficult design to implement.

Currently we have two of our team members using this service. However, since we are within the 30 day refund period, and have been given no real answer as to when this necessary feature will be in place, we're likely to leave the service before bringing on other team members.

I hope we can soon receive some real idea of when this feature will be available.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The database design is easy. Its the UI that is difficult. We are working on it. I don't have an ETA, but it is one of our top requests and we intend to implement it as soon as we can.
j2020

Score: 2 Reference
The UI is the problem? I guess I imagined I would just create a folder called "Shared" (or whatever name I want to give it), I would designate collaborator(s) for that folder, and then my collaborator(s) would create (or allow to be created automatically) a folder with the same name in their account. All collaborators would then be able to create/edit tasks in that folder, and if one person made a change it would be reflected in every collaborator's account. Am I way off base?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Well, it sounds easy when you write it in a single sentence, but in practice there are a lot of edge cases and issues that we need to resolve.
GG6954

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
Hello,

Yes, same for me than judson2020.. Just a same folder between different people.
I'm waiting for.

Thanks
allanbarr

Posted: Mar 06, 2011
As per the title, I want to know if Toodledo will allow me to set up a shared workspace/list between myself and my colleagues so that when I add or update a task on my account that it will automatically sync through to my colleagues accounts?

Even an ETA on this would help!
davemackey

Posted: Mar 07, 2011
Just figured I'd jump on this thread and note my +1 for this feature. I'd also like to note @Toodledo that I understand there are a lot of fringe cases that have to be considered, but if we could get the basic functionality that would cover 95% of cases that would be a great start. :) Then the edge cases can be implemented on a rolling basis.
wbright

Posted: Mar 07, 2011
+1 as well. This is my most requested feature.
rob_1299560232

Posted: Mar 08, 2011
After spending all day on looking for a suitable ToDo list web based program, Tooledo did all we wanted ! Except for sharing a common folder.

In frustration, we searched the forum to find this thread and since it has been running since 2008 without a result, it appears it wont be solved in the short term.

Would gladly give you my money, but without true sharing ability it is a deal breaker
christopher_fairbanks

Posted: Mar 22, 2011
+1 here as well. Would like to purchase a few pro accounts but without the shared folder and shared folder support for the iPhone app we are DOA.
JCarl

Posted: Mar 22, 2011
I am in total agreement that collaboration is high priority. I have requested a number of times that their be an Assignee field and Assignor Field and allow assignments without dropping off my list. This also can't be done on Iphone apps whether Toodledo or others until Toodledo addresses this at the cloud version. Additionally while I appreciate the new notification emails the formatting identifying who did the task etc is all lumped together especially if their are numerous updates. Collaboration is the highest item on my list as I use extensively in our organization but have had to use the Context field and Location as substitutes for status and ability to see who I have assigned to still on my screen.
Thanks
DCat

Posted: Mar 23, 2011
Another +1 to the jar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.