ForumsQuestionsDirect sync with Outlook

Direct sync with Outlook
craig

Posted: Oct 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Have the Toodledo developers created software that will sync tasks DIRECTLY from Outlook to the iphone, no exporting to csv file, then uploading to Toodledo server (after deleting existing records there), then delete all existing records in Toodledo on iphone, then download tasks from Toodledo server???... I thought this was supposed to be a productivity enhancement tool, this is sooo frustrating for me... I just need the tasks in Outloook on the iphone... I don't want to play with my computer over many steps to get it. Am I missing something? DIRECT from Outlook to the iphone via cable sync, no additional software (resource overhead)... DIRECT from Outlook to iphone... PLEASE.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 02, 2009
Toodledo is a web based task manager. To get Outlook tasks on your iPhone, you have to go through our website. However, you don't have to do the CSV export/import process. There is a third-party tool that will do it automatically.

http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php
craig

Posted: Nov 12, 2009
Installed the third party software. Moved shortcut for this software into a "Disabled Start-Up" folder so I can start it only when I need it (I am on the road a lot). Next I configured the connect software not to mess with outlook tasks, just send from Outlook to Toodledo. Then I deleted all existing tasks in Toodledo and did a manual sync. Only 25 of 89 tasks came forward. Deleted all Toodledo tasks and tried again. Same result. So frustrating, so frustrating.
craig

I tried sycing over and over again. Tasks seem to be dribbling in, up to 64 now, can't seem to get the last 15. Oh to have a program that would sync Outlook to the iphone and save me tons of time. I am still trying to get the last 15 tasks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It may be a configuration issue with the outlook sync tool. Please try contacting the developer at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx
rs.personal

Posted: Dec 19, 2009
I really want DIRECT synching with Outlook. I do not like having my tasks or notes on the web; I really, really do not like it. I am doing it now because I cannot find an alternative, but I really, really hate it and I really, really want to be able to synchronize directly. I would pay a lot of money for a program that let me do that!
Br Charles Mary

Posted: Dec 19, 2009
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncFaq.aspx

This is taken from the FAQ - Perhaps this is what is causing the slowness. Apparently it is only on the first time you sync :

FAQ : Toodledosync Flood Limit

The Toodledo web site API implements flood protection algortihm that restricts the number of updates that a client application such as ToodledoSync can send at one time. This restricts the Toodledosync application to sending 25 updates to the Toodledo server per sync run. If you have more than 25 tasks then it can take some time for them all to be copied to the Toodledo server.

Our advice is to leave the application running for several hours after it is first installed

Similarly, if you make changes to more than 25 tasks in Outlook it can take several sync runs for all of these changes to be persisted to the Toodledo web site.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.