ForumsQuestionsDue Date Modifiers and Hot List

Due Date Modifiers and Hot List
randy.schuessler

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It seems to me that the Hotlist should hide tasks based on due date modifiers REGARDLESS OF PRIORITY LEVEL. I struggle with using due date modifiers at all because I can't find any use for them on items that show up on the hotlist based on priority. If I have a high priority item that can't have any action taken until a specific date, I must use a start date to hide the task on the Hotlist until its due. What is the value of due date modifiers for high priority items then?
Anders

I think the Hotlist actually should hide tasks due further than a week out if they have a due date modifier. That might be a bug, or I might be mistaken, but you can toggle the future tasks filter in that view, so it seems like it should apply.

I agree with your issue in general BTW. I really wish that one of the due date modifiers could hide tasks until that date like a start date does. That is the only reason I use start dates.
randy.schuessler

Even the date modifier documentation says priority will override the hiding feature of date modifiers on the hotlist. I investigated this when I started using Toodledo a couple of years ago and learned that functionality was by design -- although I am still seeking to understand the benefit/value of this design for anyone. I LOVE Toodledo and am dependent on it, but current design of due date modifiers on the hotlist actually creates a nuisance for me as long as priority overrides this feature.
Anders

Posted: Nov 08, 2009
Indeed it does. I can't believe I have never noticed that before. I also did not realize the modifiers would hide until the date on the Hotlist rather than until a week before as it is everywhere else. I fought with myself about using Start Dates at first because I didn't want to add the field just for the purpose of hiding things, but it works really well and I'm glad I started using it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2009
We do plan to have the hotlist criteria be more configurable in the future. Until we have a chance to do this, you can probably create a saved search with the criteria that you want.
randy.schuessler

Posted: Nov 12, 2009
Ah, I would, but I also use the Toodledo iPhone app -- so I need solution that works on both. For now I will stick with using start dates -- but really look forward to the configurable hotlist criteria.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.