ForumsQuestionsIntegrate IPhone Calendar and Tooldledo Calendar

Integrate IPhone Calendar and Tooldledo Calendar
jim.dubois

Posted: Nov 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
New to Toodledo and to IPhone.
Is it possible, once a due date has been assigned to a Toodledo task, for that task to show up on the IPhone calendar?
I've read in the Toodledo Help section the guidance regarding synching with iCal, but am not sure if it applies. The IPhone has settings for "Add CalDAV Account" and "Add Subscribed Calendar." Do either of these apply?

Goal = Set up a task with a due date in Toodledo and have that task also appear on the appropriate date in the IPhone calendar, without making a second entry.

Thanks for any / all help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 13, 2009
It is possible, but it is kind of difficult since Apple has locked down the iPhones calendar. I haven't done it myself, but I think someone here has, so I'll let them explain how to do it.
Kelly Regan

Posted: Nov 15, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I got this to work with the Add Subscribed Calendar option on the iphone.

Got to:
Setting - Mail, Contacts and Calendar
Choose - "Add Account"
Choose - "OTHER"
Choose - "Add Subscribed Calendar"
Type - www.toodledo.com/id/your_id_goes_here/ical_live.ics

Now all my ToDo's with dates are on my iPhone calendar. !!

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009.
PTaubman

Posted: Nov 16, 2009
I don't have much to add other than I have been viewing my tasks on my iCal calendar for a few months and it is great!

Kelly did a great job with the directions!

The only thing I do not like about seeing on my iCal is that I have a lot of tasks tracked in Toodledo and it clutters my calendar. This is not an issue with Toodledo, but a commentary on my life :-)

Thanks.

Paul.
http://www.AllAboutGratitude.com
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the instructions Kelly. I have turned this into a help topic.
jim.dubois

Thanks everyone. Worked like a charm. To clarify, the id to use is the 14 character unique ID available on the Toodledo Account Settings page. Other IPhone settings: Username - left blank. Password - left blank. Use SSL - set to OFF.

Thanks again Kelly! Jim
Kelly Regan

No problem,
I have been having a blast playing with this stuff.

PT,
You may already know this...

On the iPhone calendar app you can click on "calendar" and then choose just one of your calendars instead of "all" to filter out the ToDo's if it gets to cluttered.
angela.m.connell

This is working for me which is great, however, does anyone know how I can get the Toodledo entry in my iphone calendar to also alert me?

AC
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.