ForumsQuestionschain of tasks

chain of tasks
johan

Posted: Nov 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

I have found myself quite often having a number of tasks that are dependent on each other and should be done in a sequence.
Is there a way to let next one change status to "next action" automatically when first one is done? I also like to be able to see the relations. I guess I'm after a simple type of project planning.

Would it with Pro version be possible to add multiple layers of subtasks it perhaps could solve it.

The way I do it now is adding all in one folder, put them to Active and the first one to "next action". Once I done I have to look through the folder for next suitable action.
Is there a better way in existing Toodledo?

Should I combine this with another project planning tool? Is there a project planning tool that can generate toodledo actions?

Thanks
///Johan
mattsez

Posted: Nov 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There currently isn't any functionality you describe. You cannot refer/link to another task, and there is no event automation. There may be some decent workarounds using custom searches to simplify your process, but it may not be ideal.

However, Toodledo was recently updated to allow manual ordering of subtasks (subtasks are a Pro account feature). As long as you have simple dependencies, this could do the trick. If you want more information, I (or anyone else on the forums) would be more than happy to give you some examples and help.
Kelly Regan

Posted: Nov 20, 2009
The manual ordering of subtasks have made it possible for me to track the construction of new homes without a full blown project planning software.

My biggest hurtle at this point is having the iPhone apps sort the subtasks the same way as the web site.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 20, 2009
The subtasks should be sorted manually in the same way as on the website. You will need to upgrade to version 1.5.5 of our iPhone app for this to work.
cjuzda

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I would definitely like the functionality added so that if you have subtasks, you could have the option of having them appear only when the preceding one was checked off or deleted, I've used this in another GTD type app and it's a fantastic feature as it allows you t only focus on the next thing that needs to be done. That app had this as an option

Chris
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.