ForumsQuestionsCollaboration?

Collaboration?
ed.michinski

Posted: Jul 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
My business partner and I signed on for the Pro Toodledeoo, and, after the better part of a day popping in our tasks and getting everything set up, we cannot collaborate in the way we do on other shared documents. How are we supposed to use our PDA's? or have our task lists updated on our google start page?

Seems sorta lame that true task sharing was not as much a priority as getting the 30 bucks from the two of us.

Also, toodlededoo is a crappy name.
whitten

Posted: Jul 23, 2008
Ed,
how do you currently collaborate on shared documents?

I think of toodledo's method as a collaboration in the sense of two people eating at the same table in a restaurant, not two people eating off the same plate.

The people can give tasks to each other, but can't be working on the same task at the same time. (as well as using the attatchment feature to share non-task documents)

What do you do?
ed.michinski

Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Thanks for your question:

I'm trying to share a task list created by my business partner. There are more things we work on together than we do separately, and eating off the same plate is exactly what we're trying to do.

Also, eating off the same plate, we help to police each other. We share google docs in a completely collaborative way. Why not have it fully collaborative like google?

Thanks
svolk

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Did you ever get resolution to this issue? I just signed on to Toodledo and the collaboration you describe is exactly what my business partner and I do. We want to assign tasks to both of us, such as reviewing proposals, attending meetings, etc. Any advice you can give would be welcome.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 16, 2009
The way collaboration currently works is that you can view, edit and add tasks to other people's lists (with permission of course). Currently a task must be owned by a single person, although we do have plans to improve collaboration to allow for tasks that are shared between people.
Josh Gammon

Posted: Oct 06, 2009
I think this would be a great feature to add. We have set up trial accounts here at the office to see if Tootledo will meet our requirements.

Currently the only issue I have is viewing my business partners current Tasks. If there could be a view to see the top tasks for all collaborators, that would probably get me to purchase accounts for all of us.

There is just to much clicking for me to get to see collaborators tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.