ForumsQuestionsDoes ToodleDo do these things?

Does ToodleDo do these things?
sbass

Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
So I'm a brand new ToodleDo user (came over from Blackberry platform with REX Wireless TodoMatrix. Some of these questions might be things that ToodleDo already does that I just don't know about. Here's the questions:

1) Is there a way delegate specific tasks out to another ToodleDo user and get status updates, etc. back from them? I see that you can share out your task list, but that's not what I want. I want to assign a task to one particular person and have it show up in their ToodleDo task list, but still report status, etc back to me.

2) Contexts - I get the general idea of contexts, but I think it would be super cool if ToodleDo allowed you to mark a GPS location as a context and then if you are within XXX feet, miles, etc of that context to alert you to conduct whatever tasks. I'm thinking this would be really cool for things like "Stop at this store and buy XYZ" that triggered when you drove near the store (leveraging push notifications of course)

3) Integration with other iPhone apps. One of the things that I really liked about the TodoMatrix app on Blackberry is that I could take emails and transfer part of the contents into a new task. I realize this might not be possible for ToodleDo due to restrictions that Apple has on third parties accessing data of core apps, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I think this would be really useful for creating items out of email, SMS, and Evernote.

Thanks.

Shawn

This message was edited Dec 09, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Shawn,

1) It isn't yet possible to get status updates for tasks that you have delegated. You will have to check on the progress manually. We plan to add this in a future update.

2) This is on our to-do list also

3) Apple does have some restrictions, but you can email or text a new task into Toodledo. You can find these on the "Import/Export/Sync" page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.