ForumsQuestionsEasier Display of Folders

Easier Display of Folders
Br Charles Mary

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
May we have a more accessible way of viewing folders?

I am using folders for my projects. This means that I have many folders. I want to be able to flick through these folders relatively frequently to review the progress of each project. However, the display of folders becomes much more cumbersome after the first 4 or 5 are no longer shown in tabs at the top of the page. One has to scroll down the "more" menu, search the list for the next folder I want to view - repeated over and over.

I appreciate that this may not be using the Toodledo the way it was designed to be used, but it suits me since I am not a pro-user.

- Would there be a way of having arrow buttons on the left and right of the shown folders to show the next 4 to 6 folders in tabs at the top?

- Or something like your "Skip to Page" numbers on the forum pages - but for folders?

- Or a keyboard shortcut that would skip to the next folder in the list?

Any of these would be great. Thank you Charlie

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions. We are trying to think of a better interface for people with lots of folders.

In the meantime, you might want to try sorting your list by folder. This will group all the tasks into a list, separated by dividers that you can open and close to reveal the contents of each folder.
Br Charles Mary

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Thank you for your marvellous suggestion. In fact it works better for me than all my above suggestions would have, as I don't even need to change a page to look into each project. (So, at least for my part, no need to implement any of my suggestions :)) Thank you very much, Charlie

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
@Toodledo

Might I suggest folder categories and a folder drop down list? I envision having categories that could be expanded in the drop down box to reveal the actual folders.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.