ForumsQuestions"Tasks" field stuck to zero

"Tasks" field stuck to zero
Yannis

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I set out to try the "goals" feature of Toodledo. I created a number of goals and then went back to my Todo list, linking every task with a goal.

The problem is that, upon returning to the "Goals" page of the system, i.e. the page where Goals are created and edited, the "Tasks" column contains only zeros. This is quite strange because the tasks indeed appear linked with the goals in the Todo list (after numerous refreshes of the browser).

Is this a temporary server issue?

Thank you.
Linden

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The number of tasks listed next to the goal (on the Goals management page) is the number of tasks COMPLETED for that goal. So it should continue saying zero until you complete something.

The tally doesn't apply retroactively, so if you assign a previously-completed task to a new goal, it won't be included in the tally. (That part may be a bug.)
Yannis

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Thanks, Linden. I was expecting to see incomplete tasks figured in the sum. Perhaps the developers could add an extra column for "total tasks assigned" to goal?
Linden

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
You're welcome, Yannis! Your "total tasks assigned" column is a good idea.

For now, another way to see those stats could be to go to "View by: Goal" -> "All goals". If you sort by goal first, each divider will state how many tasks are assigned to each (within the filter settings).

The task count for a lifetime task won't auto-include counts for related long-term/short-term tasks, like it does for the completed tally, but you'll still have an idea of which goals you've identified steps for, and which might be getting neglected.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.