ForumsQuestionsfolders, tabs, and screen width

folders, tabs, and screen width
bcboy

Posted: Jan 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I found the thread on using a firefox extension to reformat the folder tabs. I'm curious, though, how are other people using toodledo without having this problem? I've created folders for about 10% of my projects, and I'm already beyond the screen width, making it impossible to get a list of projects on the screen.

If you're not having this problem, tell me how you're using toodledo. Do you not use folders for each project? Or not have many projects?

I had hoped that as more folders were added, additional rows of tabs would appear, so they would all remain visible across the top. But perhaps there's some better way of managing projects.
David

Many of us use one folder containing the master list of all projects. Each project is a task w/in the folder and sub-tasks are either listed in notes or nested/indented w/ TD pro.
bcboy

Of course, having only one folder is the same as not having folders at all.
PeterW 

Well, not really. I use folders to divide tasks departmentally, e.g. Finance, Admin, OH&S, etc. Projects are place within each of these as needed.

I don't create a folder for every project - that would be too cumbersome for me.
David

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
It depends on your set-up. I use folders for Actions, Ticklers, Waiting, Lists, Someday/Maybe, and Projects.

Posted by bcboy:
Of course, having only one folder is the same as not having folders at all.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.