ForumsQuestionsCloning tasks and subtasks

Cloning tasks and subtasks
paul.freeman

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Has something changed with the cloning of tasks with subtasks?

I have a number of templates set up which I use to clone "projects"

Until recently, a parent task with 4 subtasks could be cloned and all subtasks would appear under the clone.

Now, only the first subtask is cloned along with the parent.

Can anyone else reproduce this ?
matthias_5

I have the same problem.

Yesterday i cloned a task; and all works fine.

Now the same task with subtasks will not cloned, only the first subtask.

The clone-feature ist realy impotant for me... please have a look.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for reporting this bug. It has been fixed.
paul.freeman

Excellent, thanks
dale

COPYING OF AN ENTIRE FOLDER TO CREATE NEW FOLDER
I am a web developer / prject manage and we have a large set of stages and tasks for each web design project. I have created about 80 tasks in toodledo as atemplat and some with subtasks and then used the notes to put further information on each stage.

I would dearly love to be able to copy an entire folder and give it a new name to start a new project.

I cant use CSV import and export becuase subtasks wont hold in their order

To clone a master task 85 times for each projects would take too long

The only though I have at the moment is to try and export the entire task list as an XML. Remove all the tasks that are in a different folder to the webdevelopment template folder. Do a replace all on the the folder name and try and reimport the XML.

But editing the XML with so many folders in it will be a nightmare for me. I am not a programmer per se.

Can we Export and XML of just one set of FOLDER tasks so I can then use a replace all on the text file for the folder parameter and reimport (ie. Change project name 1 to project name 2). WOuld there be any other issues like the id number being replicated.

Could you create a flow through that did this online to be able to replicate a folder and hence an entire project.

NOTE - I AM HAPPY TO PAY TOWARDS THIS - LET ME KNOW A COST TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS PROCESS. We might be able to raise funds from a group of clients who are like me and want this feature.

I am sure entire project replcication would be a much loved application for many many people.

Love the product and this would make it SENSATIONAL.

Keyword Tags, Copying Tasks, Cloning Tasks, Copying Subtasks,Cloning Subtasks, Duplicating Projects, Cloning Folders, Project Templates

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010.
matthias_5

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
Thank you for fast fixing this issue.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 18, 2010
Dale,

There is not currently a way to template an entire folder, but thanks for the suggestion.

It could be done via our API, so if you are willing to pay for the development of this feature, you could find a programmer and pay them to build this using our API. It shouldn't take more than a day for someone smart.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.