ForumsQuestionsAdjusting the "Show Recently Completed" window

Adjusting the "Show Recently Completed" window
Yannis

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I like to have all tasks completed today or yesterday in my list. But for my own needs, to have all tasks completed within the past seven days visible on the list amounts to severe information overload. As far as I can tell, there is currently middleground solution: One either gets all tasks completed within the past 7 days or none at all. Is there any workaround for adjusting that window down to, say, 1 or 2 days?

Thank you.
Linden

Score: 1 Reference
Hi Yannis, you can create a custom search for tasks completed in whatever timeframe youu prefer.
Yannis

Thanks, Linden. That's indeed a solution, but only a partial one: It requires one custom search per view *and* per tab in each view. If you have many tabs per view (i.e. many contexts or folders), the complexity is prohibitive. Imagine a series of 20 custom search tabs in a row!

I hope Toodledo considers adding an option for the "show recently completed tasks" time window. I presume it is not too radical a change in terms of coding; probably all it takes is provide a menu for adjusting the value of a parameter that is currently a constant in the Toodledo code.
Linden

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Ah, I can see what you mean now. I thought you were trying to find a shorter list of your completed tasks in general. (I had forgotten entirely about the "Show completed tasks" toggle in the filters.)

Your suggestion of a custom default length sounds reasonable. It would be very similar to the the custom settings available for what due dates are included in the hotlist!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
Yannis

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I'm glad you find the request reasonable, too. It really shouldn't be too complex a task for the developers, so here's an improvement with great leverage.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.