ForumsQuestionsVery confused on repeating parent tasks :(

Very confused on repeating parent tasks :(
k.shepherd

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Okies here's what I need to do:

At the moment I am studying to towards 2 separate qualifications called study and training. I need to do bits for each everyday except Sunday (cause I have jamma day on Sundays).

Soes.... I would like to set it up something like this:

(- = parent
-- = subtask)

- do some studying (daily except suns pls :p)
-- take notes (due today one time task)
-- do assessment (due jan 29 one time task)
-- look up something on the web (no due date)
-- check course website (daily, guess what? Except suns ;p)

I have had a look at the help section on subtask and it states that you can set a task to repeat with parent but I cannot find this option :(

Also, do I need to set all subtasks to repeat with parent for them to be carried forward with the parent task?

Lastly, all the subtasks are currently showing up on the hotlist whether they are due in the next 2 days or not (my setting). How do I resolve this?

In regards to the help sections, would it be possible for there to be tutorial sections for the people with mush brains like me? All this work leave no room for figuring out things for myself hehehe

Woah just read that back.... sorry for the barrage of questions ;p

- Kim x

This message was edited Jan 20, 2010.
k.shepherd

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Anybody?

I have looked at the other posts on this matter and there are all as confused on the subject as I am...

So far I have great responses from using this forum even if it's not been the solution I've needed. A bit concerned that my query hasn't even received one response :(

- Kim
cjuzda

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Repeat With Parent: when you click on the repeat column for the task and click on the down arrow, it is the last repeat option on the list

Posted by k.shepherd:
Okies here's what I need to do:

At the moment I am studying to towards 2 separate qualifications called study and training. I need to do bits for each everyday except Sunday (cause I have jamma day on Sundays).

Soes.... I would like to set it up something like this:

(- = parent
-- = subtask)

- do some studying (daily except suns pls :p)
-- take notes (due today one time task)
-- do assessment (due jan 29 one time task)
-- look up something on the web (no due date)
-- check course website (daily, guess what? Except suns ;p)

I have had a look at the help section on subtask and it states that you can set a task to repeat with parent but I cannot find this option :(

Also, do I need to set all subtasks to repeat with parent for them to be carried forward with the parent task?

Lastly, all the subtasks are currently showing up on the hotlist whether they are due in the next 2 days or not (my setting). How do I resolve this?

In regards to the help sections, would it be possible for there to be tutorial sections for the people with mush brains like me? All this work leave no room for figuring out things for myself hehehe

Woah just read that back.... sorry for the barrage of questions ;p

- Kim x
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 26, 2010
You will need to set each subtask to "repeat with parent" for them to be repeated when you complete the parent.

If tasks are showing up on the hotlist when they aren't due for several days, you might want to try using the "due after" modifier when editing the due-date.
k.shepherd

Posted: Feb 01, 2010
Due after is the option being used. Is this a bug?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 03, 2010
It could be the priority that is making it appear.
k.shepherd

Posted: Feb 21, 2010
Priority is not being used. Although I did notice when I tried to use them there wasn't much functionality in the way this has been implemented. ie. Choices for what should appear in the hotlist. I usually use 1,2,3 or top, med, low to organise what has to be done, what should be done and what could be done but I can't get it to show anything less that med. Can you guys look in to adding this in the future?

Also, I've read all the articles and the posts on subtasks and I still can't get to grips with them? Can someone give me a dummies guide to subtasks pls??

Went back to RTM as this is the feature I switched for. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not very easy to use :(

thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.