ForumsQuestionsFeature suggestion

Feature suggestion
Yannis

Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am one of those users who use Toodledo with the GTD method in mind—and there are many of us. One central feature of GTD is that subtasks can belong in different contexts.

In the current implementation of Toodledo, filtering tasks by context fails to display in indented format subtasks whose parent task belongs in another context (or no context at all). The only solution to display those subtasks is to select the "flattened" (inline) view which, however, is far less usable in many cases, producing a cluttered list.

May I then suggest a solution that, as I see it, requires minimal changes to the current system and would make all of us GTD-ers happy: Incorporate some sort of "wildcard" or "catchall" context in the system. Tasks utilizing this "wildcard" context would in effect be associated with all other context.

Given this feature, instead of assigning an arbitrary context (or no context) to our parent tasks, as we do now, would rather assign the "wildcard" context to them. As a result, filtering by any context would allow the system to display both the parent task and their subtasks in that context without any ambiguities or conflicts.

This is a workaround, of course, to the ideal solution, which would be a full-blown support of projects in Toodledo. But it would be a more than satisfactory and usable compromise.

Any chance this could happen?

Thank you very much.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.