ForumsQuestionsTwo minor feature requests

Two minor feature requests
jspittal

Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
G'day!

Toodledo is great. It's by far the best application I've found on the web for doing GTD and it beats everything from Remember The Milk to Things to even using paper out by a mile.

I wouldn't be anywhere near as productive as I am without Toodledo.

I have two minor feature requests (mostly usability-related):

1. Keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard shortcuts in Toodledo are great but I really wish it was more like gmail keyboard shortcuts! The ability to go up and down between tasks and mark them as completed without using the mouse would be something I would find /very very very/ useful!

When it comes to the web, I try to use keyboard shortcuts as much as possible and avoid using the mouse. This is much healthier for your wrists and especially for people suffering from RSI. I would be very grateful if someone could come up with a fix for this!

2. This is a minor one that a friend of mine who uses Toodledo suggested to me: the ability to move tasks up and down as a 'quick and dirty' way to prioritise. It wouldn't have to stick between sessions necessarily; but sometimes you just want to drag a task to the top of your task list as a 'reminder' to focus.

If this goes against the principles of Toodledo, I understand. My main request is #1.

Thanks for reading and keep creating a great product!

Kind Regards,

James Spittal (@jamesspittal)
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
I agree about #1.

#2, there is a solution. Drag and Drop reordering is available within subtasks. To have this feature you must have a paid subscription. For $15/year it's MORE than worth it.

PS. It would be nice to drag and drop single tasks as well. I imagine this is somewhere down the road for Toodledo.
jspittal

Score: 3 Reference
Good point - I'll give paid subscription a whirl.

Regarding #1 - it might even make sense to just rip off the gmail keyboard keys.

k = up, j = down, x = mark as selected, y = archive (mark as complete)

This would be a very simple way to scroll through your list of tasks and mark them as completed - without needing to use a mouse.

Cheers,

James Spittal
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.