ForumsQuestionsQuestion about Sharing

Question about Sharing
kazar

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm in the preciously brief Trial period on a Pro account and hoping that Toodledo might work as a shared task manager for a small organization to which I'm consulting. I set up another trial Pro account in order to evaluate the sharing features. I love everything about Toodledo except for the non-team-oriented "collaboration" feature, which really has nothing to do with collaboration, and also I just can't make some things work.

I fear we may need to use something else until such time as, according to someone from Toodledo in another thread in these forums, sharing is slated for some sort of improvements.

Here are the questions that will help me decide whether I can recommend Toodledo. (If I can't it will be a shame because the Google Apps integration would be especially nice for this group)

1. Shared-to person's name not showing as a choice in Assigned To:
Account A and Account B are both on the Pro trial period. Account A set up a Folder and shared it with Level 3 (top level) privileges to Account B. *But when I make a new task in that folder when logged in as either user, I cannot assign it ... the Assigned To dropdown only says Myself. How do I make another person's name show up in the Assigned To list?* (I just now switch B to the Pro trial ... could the problem simply be that I need to wait a little while?)

2. Shared-to person not able to search on my Folder that I shared to them:
In order for this to work for this org, we need to be able to see a list of everyone's tasks and sub-tasks so that we can get a sense of the flow. In Account A I can search for tasks in the shared Folder, save the search, and make that my default view. In Account B the folder does not show up in the Folder criterion. Why can Account B not search for items in a folder where Account B has full privileges?

thanks in advance for your help

kazar

This message was edited Jan 24, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Our collaboration tools are slated for a makeover. To answer your questions,

1) The "Reassign to" drop down box will be populated with the names of people who have given you permission to add tasks to their account. If your collaborator's name isn't appearing there, then they have not given you permission yet.

2) You can search on a collaborators list, but it isn't yet possible to make a saved search for their list. You'll have to remake the search each time.
ikazar

Posted: Jan 27, 2010
thank you for the answers. We will need to use RTM but will be watching toodledo for collaboration improvements.
CHAMP Ops

Posted: Jan 30, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Our collaboration tools are slated for a makeover.

is there an estimate date for that release? do you guys publish a development roadmap?

thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 30, 2010
Sorry, we do not comment on release dates or roadmaps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.