ForumsQuestionsI want to import "contacts" and "memos"

I want to import "contacts" and "memos"
conniemh01

Posted: Feb 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I want to import "contacts" and "memos" from my Palm PDA. I just switched over to an ipod touch. I was able to put the calendar into the notebook app but don't know how to move the rest. I read a forum entry that talked about putting it into excel... I have Mac "pages"/ numbers etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
mlb32704

Posted: Feb 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Brand new iPod Touch owner, lifetime PC and Palm user. My life for the past week has been all about getting Palm Calendar, Contact, Task and Memo entries into ToodleDo. And devising some sort of backup/desktop methodology for each of them, just like Palm.

Here is what I did...

For Contacts and Calendar -- I used an application called Chapura to import all of that information into Microsoft Outlook. From Outlook, the iPod Touch can automatically sync both Calendar and Contacts as an option under iTunes/Applications. FYI, I do not believe that ToodleDo does contacts, but I could be mistaken.

For Tasks - I used the step by step ToodleDo directions to export a .tda file, then imported into ToodleDo. Worked great except for repeating tasks which I had to rebuild manually.

For Notes - I used Chapura to import Palm Notes into Microsoft Outlook, then selected Notes as a sync option under iTunes/Applications, it literally imported and formatted each of my Palm Notes from the Palm to Outlook into the iPod Touch's Notes application. Looks fine on the iPod Touch, a little funky with formatting issues in Outlook. Before I knew that I could do this, I also purchased an iPod Notes app called Appigo, which syncs automatically with ToodleDo. I imported my Palm Notes into ToodleDo Notebook via import instructions under "Tools and Services", set up Appigo to automatically sync, and there were all my memos. So I have them in two places.

I'm reading again that you're a Mac user, so some of these MS Office suggestions might not work? Rather, memos should work with the Appigo/ToodleDo combination that I just mentioned. Again, I don't think that ToodleDo does contacts but let me know if you hear elsewise. The challenge without MS Outlook or ToodleDo is that you have no "desktop" for contacts, but again, iTunes will sync your contacts from MS Outlook, it might sync from whatever similar application you might have on your computer. It will not sync from the Palm Desktop, sorry, I did try that :)

Good luck!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.