ForumsQuestionsTodo --> Toodledo sync issue after upgrade

Todo --> Toodledo sync issue after upgrade
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Jake,

I'd like to report a problem I had recently after upgrading Appigo's Todo from v3.2 to 3.4. Following is a post I made on Appigo's Google Group forum and their response:

Posted by PeterW on the Appigo Todo Google Group:

I downloaded and installed the latest release (v3.4) today. This was done via App Store on my iPhone 3GS. The installation went successfully, and the first thing I tried was to 'Star' a task and then sync with Toodledo to see if it synced. Note that my settings have always been set for Appigo Todo to be the authoritative source for resolution.

The sync took quite a while, a lot longer than usual and upon completion, I found the reason why - the completion date field of every completed task on my device had been changed to today's date. When I checked my completed tasks on Toodledo, this had of course been synced to Toodledo, hence the long sync time.

Posted by Appigo Support on the Appigo Todo Google Group:

Toodledo will not accept our completion dates as authoritative and will set the completed date to the moment a task is set as completed on their website. If the tasks were completed using Todo and some time passed between syncing to the site, the completion dates will be changed to date of the sync. The dates of previously completed tasks are not modified in any way during the upgrade so our guess (without further information from you) is that it had been a while since the last sync and Toodledo modified the completion dates to the sync date.

It hasn't been widely reported and we were not able to reproduce any issues during the upgrade from previous versions.

If what we described above is not what you observed please let us know as we'd like to track down a possible issue.

Sincerely,
The Appigo Team

From what Appigo Support has said, it appears possible that Toodledo changed all of my task completion dates. Is it possible that Toodledo saw the tasks on the upgraded device as "new" and therefore reset all of the completion dates? Given that Toodledo does not allow Todo to sync the completion date, this seems likely.

Would you consider allowing Todo's completion date to sync with Toodledo?

Thanks,
Peter.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2010
We absolutely allow the completion date to be synced. Appigo must not be aware that they can do this. It is documented on our API page. They just need set the "completedon" field.

The only place where the completion date can be set is via the API, and only at the request of the third-party application. I don't know how ToDo syncs or what their latest update did, but it has to be related to that since we haven't made any changes to the API recently.
PeterW 

Thanks Jake. I will post this in the Appigo forums and ask that they look at it ASAP.

Regards,
Peter.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I just heard back from Appigo that the next version of Todo will be able to sync the completion date.
PeterW 

Fantastic - thank you!
PeterW 

I've just noticed that a new version of Appigo Todo (v3.4.2) has appeared in the AppStore.

The release notes don't indicate that this bug is fixed so I'm going to backup Toodledo before I install and sync.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 19, 2010
For those interested, here are details on the new version:

Todo (and Todo Lite) 3.4.2
Released: February 17, 2010

• Restored iPhone 3.0 OS compatibility
• Write a Review functionality added to Settings | Information interface

I received a post from Calvin @ Appigo that the fix for the sync issue will be in the next release.

Gotta say, great service from both Appigo and Toodledo. Thanks guys!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010.
Proximo

Posted: Feb 19, 2010
It's like Batman and Robin.

Appigo puts a nice GTD layer over the powerful Toodledo engine. Great partnership if you ask me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.