ForumsQuestionsSequential tasks

Sequential tasks
Simon

Posted: Feb 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi! I'm not sure if this is possible, but it's an adaptation of the sub-tasks that I know you offer.

I'm a fan of the 'start date' function - it stops me worrying about something I can't do until I can do it.

To achieve the same aim, I'm trying to work out whether I can have sequential tasks. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a task that won't turn up on my list until previous task(s) has been completed, eg:

1 Research blu-ray players
2 Buy blu-ray player
2 Buy blu-ray discs
3 Set up blu-ray player
4 Organise movie night with John

In this scenario, I'd like to set it up so that the tasks labelled 2 wouldn't appear on my list until I'd completed task 1, etc. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Jeff

Posted: Feb 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I don't this there is an automatic way to do this, although you could handle this by careful use of filters.

For example, Toodledo lets you filter out "deferred" statuses (the ones below the line). For downstream tasks, set the status to something like "waiting" and then filtered out deferred tasks. They will go away. Then, when you complete a higher order task, release that filter ("show deferred tasks") to see the next batch. Change the status from "waiting" to "active."

GTD devotees have strong opinions on this matter, but that's another story.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.