ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar Sidebar Gadget

Google Calendar Sidebar Gadget
ch3yd7

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, all. Somebody might have already answered my questions somewhere in these forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution to exactly the problem that I'm having. Here's the deal. I have the Toodledo app on my iPhone and it works great. It syncs with my online Toodledo account, and I can manage my to-do lists just fine using either the iPhone app or the Toodledo site. However, I would like to be able to manage my lists within Google Calendar when I'm at one of my computers, rather than relying on either the iPhone app or the Toodledo website. The regular Google Calendar Gadget annoyed me because it cluttered my calendar with an all-day entry for each day's to-list. The Google Calendar Sidebar Gadget, on the other hand, seems like it should do just what I want, but I can't get the thing to work.

When I sign into the sidebar gadget, I get the basic menu (Hot List, Starred, Folders, Due-Dates, Priorities, Recently Completed, All Tasks, and Settings). The Hotlist option works as expected, but the main option that I'm interested in is the All Tasks option, which doesn't work. When I click the All Tasks link, the sidebar gadget either refreshes or goes blank. The Add Task option doesn't seem to be usable either. If I click the Add Task link, I get an incomplete form that doesn't include a submit button to let me save the new task that I've entered. Also, the pull-down menus for the due date are so crowded and tiny that I can only read the first two characters of either the year or the month if I have the desired menu selected. This latter point isn't a huge deal, but it's certainly annoying. Lastly, the refresh icon at the top right of the gadget just takes me back to the sign-in screen, where I have to authenticate again to get back into the gadget, even if I checked "Remember Me" (which I always do) the last time I logged in.

I actually tried the regular Google Calendar gadget, just to see if it would work, and I had the same problems. I also encountered the same frustrations with the iGoogle widget. Has anybody out there had these problems? I'm really just interested in the getting the sidebar gadget to work properly. For now, I can just use the Toodledo website when I'm at a computer, but getting the Google Calendar sidebar gadget to work would be nice.

Thanks in advance!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 04, 2010
The only problem that we have seen with the sidebar gadget with Google Calendar is that Google doesn't give you a scrollbar, which is strange. Google has to fix that one.

Can you please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot showing the problems you are experiencing?
limore

Posted: Jul 16, 2010
has there been a fix to this problem yet? it would seem as though it hasn't been fixed. what can i do to help this along?

thanks,
Limore
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.