ForumsQuestionsFirefox addon doesn't recognsie password

Firefox addon doesn't recognsie password
darren

Posted: Mar 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
If I try signing in to toodledo via the Firefox extension I get a message that my email address and password weren't recognised.

To get the addon to work I have to sign in to the toodledo website. They next time I bring up the addon in the sidebar I am signed in there too.

100% reproducible.
Windows XP (but I think this also happens at home with Ubuntu)
Firefox 3.6
Toodledo 1.6.1
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 08, 2010
The sidebar is just our mini site loaded in a sidebar so it uses the same login mechanism as the main website. You can login/out in either place.
darren

Yes, but what I'm saying is that the sidebar doesn't work. I can literally copy and past the same password into both the website and the sidebar and the sidebar tells me my password is wrong.

[EDIT]OK, if I reset my password to "password" both the site and the FF addon work. Normally my password is a 16 character password made up of random uppercase and lowercase letters numbers and punctuation. This password is not accepted by the FF addon so it must have a problem with either the length or the characters I'm using.

[EDIT2]"passwordpasswordpassword" is accepted so it must be the characters.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm, that is strange. It is probably a symbol. If you could please let us know which symbols you were using in your password, that would help. You can put this in a support ticket if you don't want to tell the world parts of your password.
darren

Posted: Mar 10, 2010
In no particular order, these are the non-alphanumeric characters in my password:

\ / [ { ( | < ' " #

If anyone manages to guess my password from this they deserve to hack my account (and as all my online passwords are random strings like this, even if they did guess it they'd only have access to my Toodledo account).

This message was edited Mar 10, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2010
I'll work on this, but my guess is that it is one of these punctuation marks. Try changing your password to something that uses different punctuation. These should be safe: !@$%^*()-_[]{}
darren

Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Hi, there's no need to change my password because I can log into the main site and the addon is then logged on automatically. That's a satisfactory workaround for me as I tend to stay logged in anyway.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.