ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks with no deadlines

Repeating tasks with no deadlines
Joe

Posted: Mar 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Newbie question alert!!

Let's say that I want to do a task that has no deadline, but I want it done as often as possible, such as backing up my files.

Every time I complete this task, I want it put on my to-do list again automatically. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 08, 2010
If you don't want a due-date, then the easiest thing to do would be to check the task off (to get the satisfaction) and then uncheck it to make it active again.

If you want to retain a copy for record keeping, you can clone the task and complete one of the clones.
roddyt

Posted: Mar 09, 2010
Another idea that may work for you. A task can be set to repeat as often as daily. Set a start date (not due date, as that would signify a deadline) of today. Set to repeat daily and set repeat from completion date. When you set to complete, you'll get a new one set for "Tomorrow".

It's not "often as possible," but daily is pretty close.

Actually, I just ran a little test. I set up a task as I described. After setting to complete the first time, I set the "Tomorrow" task to complete. That was registered as a completed task, and a new "Tomorrow" task appeared. So you could get away with checking it off more than once a day. The only potential bugaboo to this is that you have to show future tasks, otherwise you wouldn't see the "Tomorrow" task until tomorrow.
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 10, 2010
You could set it up with a due date of "?today", repeating daily. The question mark says that it is optional enough that it isn't really ever overdue, but instead you will be reminded everyday that the task could be done Today.

Or you could set it to repeat every other day, but then I think if you don't do it one day, you might not get a reminder until two days away. I'm not sure; I didn't test this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.