ForumsQuestionsHow to handle start date in iCal?

How to handle start date in iCal?
Christophe

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

First of all, congratulations to the whole Toodledo team for its amazing work. This app is very well designed, properly developped and, so far, so stable.

I have been using Toodledo for a couple of weeks and have it "synced" with iCal (running on OS X.5.4).
Here is my concern: a Toodledo task marked with both a start and a due date is dated in iCal on the due date only while I would have expected it on the start date or, at least, lasting on the whole period (from the start until the end). And here, the big risk is to miss the launch of the task.
I have been testing some workarounds such as removing the due date but, in such a configuration, the Toodledo task is no longer maintained in iCal as an event but as task (without any kind of date stamp).
May be some of you could have a good advice.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2008
It is this way for historical reasons. "Start date" is a fairly recent addition to Toodledo. Before this, we only had "due-date", "due-time" and "length", so iCal will use the due-time and the length parameters to place the task on the calendar at the appropriate place.

What we should really do is add a new field called "start time" to give is the full capability to specify the exact start and end of a task and then use these fields to accurately place the tasks on a calendar. This is something that we will improve in the future.
Christophe

Posted: Aug 27, 2008
Thank you for this quick answer. Looking forward to getting this enhancement which would be a plus for iCal users.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.