ForumsQuestionsCalendar won't appear in Google Calendar

Calendar won't appear in Google Calendar
jaclyn.mckewan

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Before I have a bunch of people rushing to tell me that GCal takes 24 hours to sync, I know this. The problem is, it's been a week and my calendar has not appeared yet.

I went to the iCal subscriptions page at http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php and got my feed for Google Calendar, which began with webcal:// and ended with .ics

I copied that URL, then went to my calendar and selected "add by URL." I pasted the URL, and it became listed under my "other calendars." But it was some gibberish name, apparently made up of characters from the URL, which I renamed to "ToodleDo."

It's been a week now, and I have yet to see anything from my ToodleDo list appear in my Google Calendar. And yes, I do have a couple of tasks with April due dates, so there should be something appearing there.

Any ideas?
Linden

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
I made the same mistake when I first subscribed. If you add the calendar from the "My calendars" section, it imports the data, but never checks it again.

Instead, click the "Add" button under the "Other calendars" section. This will pop up a little dialog that includes the option "Add by URL". This is the one that syncs daily!
jaclyn.mckewan

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
That's what I did. I clicked on "add" under "other calendars." The funny thing is, it's not even a matter of syncing once a day - the tasks don't even appear on the calendar to begin with. It's been over a week since I've added the calendar and still nothing shows up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2010
I do not know why this is happening. You have done everything correctly. My only suggestion is to delete the calendar and try subscribing again. If that doesn't work, please try contacting Google to find out if they are having any trouble.
jaclyn.mckewan

Posted: Apr 16, 2010
Unsubscribing and subscribing again didn't help. I posted a question on the Google Calendar forums and nobody responded.

However, I got it to work. When I originally tried adding my ToodleDo calendar I took the Google Calendar Feed from http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php . When that didn't work, I tried the feed labeled "All others" but that didn't work either. That's when I came here.

After I came up empty on the Google Calendar forums, I decided, just for the heck of it, to try the feed labeled "Apple's iCal and iPhone" even though I don't use either. Amazingly, this showed up immediately. All my tasks with due dates are there. And interestingly, the calendar name "ToodleDo iCal" appeared with it automatically, instead of the gibberish names that came with the other feeds.

I don't know how to explain it, but I'm glad I got it working!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.