ForumsQuestionstask disappears when I tab from Start Date to Due Date

task disappears when I tab from Start Date to Due Date
Tracey VanFleet

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Seriously love this app and use it all the time. However, I have a bug that I run into over and over and it's been happening for a long time!

When I add a task, I generally use the keys to navigate and I type fast. When I enter a start date, generally typing "today" and then tab to the next field, due date, half of the time the task entry dialog just DISAPPEARS and the task is not entered. If I am slow and deliberate and wait a second or two before tabbing to due date, it doesn't happen. It happens on Firefox on multiple editions of 3+, possibly even before.

Thanks,
Tracey
Transisto

Posted: Apr 16, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
You mean the whole green part disappears ? I am trying to replicate this behavior but can't. How precise is your "half" the time ?

Ho ,,, I found it ,,, When you're tabbing the first (start date), your mouse is in the box and then tabbing again register as a mouse in/out witch close the windows.

So you should just try to have you mouse anywhere else before tabbing in.

That is obviously impossible if you start to input start then due date.

Well believe it or not but clicking the end of the start field make it OK into the 2nd one.

Tell me if it did it.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2010.
Tracey VanFleet

Yes, the whole green part goes away. My "half" the time is very imprecise!

I am not placing my mouse anywhere in particular. I click on "Add A Task", then the cursor is automatically put in the Task field. I tab to each field. I use letter keys to select items in drop down fields for Folder and Context, then tab to Start Date, type in "today" (usually) and then tab to Due Date. Sometimes it disappears, sometimes not. Usually happens when I'm in a hurry and going really fast.

I can't make it happen today, though!! I will keep a closer eye on the exact circumstances that lead up to it.

I do not understand what you meant by "Well believe it or not but clicking the end of the start field make it OK into the 2nd one."
Transisto

Posted by tracey_somo:
I will keep a closer eye on the exact circumstances that lead up to it.

Good idea.

I do not understand what you meant by "..."

It's for solving another problem so it make no sense with yours.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I haven't been able to replicate this. Please let us know if you can find a way to reproduce it reliably. You might try using a different browser to see if that fixes the problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.