ForumsQuestionsSuggestion: Time-sensitive contexts

Suggestion: Time-sensitive contexts
Douglas

Posted: Apr 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
One of the features that I remember from when I was using LifeBalance (?) was that "contexts" could be optionally time-sensitive. If a task was assigned to a context ... and that context fell outside of the defined time ranges ... it wouldn't show up on the list.

For example - let's say I have a reminder to take some clothes to the drycleaners (I do, in fact, have that reminder right now). If I make a context called @drycleaners, and then put in the hours that they are open ... by default, I'll only see that To Do item when it's possible to complete it. So, at 8:20pm on a Sunday evening -- "take dress shirts to drycleaners" wouldn't be showing up on my to-do list.

This was a really cool feature to keep one's to-do list neat and tidy. Toodledo is still pretty darn awesome without it ... but it would be a great add-on at some point.

Thanks!
sknipfing

Posted: Apr 25, 2010
That would be cool.

In the mean time, I would simply list it under a context of Errands or @Errands. Then while you are driving around, all those tasks would be seen together.
Douglas

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
That exactly how I have it today (it's actually called Shopping/Errands) ... and spent the better part of my Saturday processing through that list. :)

But when you can get more granular with that - i.e.: @PostOffice is only open from 9am-5pm, but @Mall is open from 10am-9pm weekdays - it adds an extra layer of coolness and efficiency onto the process. At 6pm at night on a Tuesday, I won't be bothered by seeing postoffice items in my "Errands" list ... since it is impossible to complete them at that time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.