ForumsQuestionsTag cloud not updated

Tag cloud not updated
PeterW 

Posted: May 08, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hi there,

I use 5 tags in my system, and all were entered as lower case, e.g. business, personal, etc.

I decided today to capitalise the first letter of all my tags, e.g. Business, Personal, etc.

After updating all tasks including completed tasks, and checking that all have been changed, a problem remains... for some reason the tags in the popup tag cloud remain in all lower case, and when I view-by tag, the folder names are all lower case too.

Why have the tag cloud and folder labels ignored the change? Can I fix it?
PeterW 

Posted: May 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Interesting... I tried multi-editing all tags named Business and changed to Busness (deliberately spelled wrong) and this caused the tag cloud and tab labels to be updated. I then multi-edited again and spelled it correctly (and with an uppercase 'B') assuming this would get around the problem...

No. The tag cloud and tab labels all reverted to lower case!

Seems they have a memory that can't be wiped!
PeterW 

Posted: May 09, 2010
...and having done this, the auto-complete function is now stuffed. If I begin to type the word 'Business' and tab-off after the tag in the cloud is highlighted, Toodledo matches the existing tag in the cloud, so changes the initial uppercase 'B' to a lower case 'b'. Harumph!

So this has really made my tags a PITA. If this is not easily fixable I will have to multi-edit all of my tags back to lower case.

Jake???

This message was edited May 09, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted: May 11, 2010
*bump*
PeterW 

Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
**bump**
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for reporting this bug. It should be possible to change the capitalization of tags now. You might need to sign out and then in again to get it to refresh.

By the way, bumping topics actually makes me read them slower since I always read from oldest to newest.

This message was edited May 13, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted by Toodledo:
By the way, bumping topics actually makes me read them slower since I always read from oldest to newest.

Yeah, I noticed. :(

After waiting a few days and seeing you on the forum I eventually gave up and multi-edited them all back to lowercase because it was p!ssing me off big time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry. It is fixed now. And I think 5 day turnaround for a minor bug is pretty good. Hopefully it will work for you better in the future.
PeterW 

Jake - apologies... I wasn't meaning to say that the delay in your response was irritating me. It was the bug itself that was doing that. I use Toodledo so much now and I am so used to typing a few letters of the tag name and then tabbing off the field. This of course kept making the initial uppercase character a lowercase one, so then I'd have to go back and edit it again. So I figured I'd just put it back the way it was and deal with it later when the problem was solved.

Your provision of a fast fix was very much appreciated.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.