ForumsQuestionsNewbie questions - sharing tasks & notifications

Newbie questions - sharing tasks & notifications
jessica.tobiason

Posted: May 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out the best tool (toodledo vs. RTM) and the sticking point appears to be sharing.

I need to share tasks with my hubby - but they will be in various folders (@phone, @home etc) - is that possible?

Second, if I can share tasks (versus entire folders) can I get notified if he completes something (rather than having them disappear) and vice versa if I finish something.

I'd be most grateful for the guidance. I'm eager to get organized!!

Thank you,
Jessica
jessica.tobiason

Posted: May 12, 2010
Ok, I switched to using contexts for "@phone, @home" etc, and now have folders be "my tasks" "shared tasks" etc. I would be interested in how others do this though. So that I can share a folder, and keep my own contexts tidy.

Also, my question regarding completion notification still stands. Any clever solutions would be much appreciate.d
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Completion notification is not currently possible, but it is on our to-do list.
brianjwis

Posted: May 18, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Completion notification is not currently possible, but it is on our to-do list.

I see this as critical. I signed up for the Pro account and had a work colleague do the same. I was surprised to see task disappear from my view when I assigned them to him. They should at least be grayed out and remain a part of the folder. Very tricky to get an overall picture of what is going on, or even remember the tasks that you laid out.
PKJR

what is the reason for disappearing tasks once assigned to another party?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Currently, a task must have a single owner. It isn't possible for a task to belong to two people at the same time (although this is on our to-do list). So, when you reassign a task it is removed from your list and goes on your collaborators list.
PKJR

I would suggest that we borrow the way is being handled from
http://www.gqueues.com
efleck

HI,

I just downloaded Toodledo for my iPod Touch. I want to synch Toodledo with my iCal program on my Mac. Where are instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Earl
PeterW 

The link is on the Tools & Services page.

http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
ttorimoto

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
I wanted to also suggest that the ToodleDo developers look at GQueues and the way they handle Collaboration. It's quite amazing - actually, perfect - in my opinion.
Once GQueues opens up their API - I think they will have a huge one-up on Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
I'd never looked at GQueues before - quite nice. It's missing some thing I'd need but the simple drag & drop interface works well. It has email-to-inbox, tags (which you could use for context), repeating tasks, etc. Quite comprehensive in a simple layout.
jessica.tobiason

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
fwiw, I'm now using Remember the milk, because you can share tasks, even if you sort / file in different ways. We use tags as notifications. (So I tag with "complete" and my hubby will see that and close the item. Or I tag with "update" and a note, and hubby will see that & read it.) I like a lot of Toodledo features, but missing the sharing one was a big gap for me...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.