ForumsQuestionslooking for way to duplicate tasks

looking for way to duplicate tasks
destiny911

Posted: Sep 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to create a grouping of subtasks that can be duplicated over and over.

I have multiple tasks that need performed for several different campaigns (top level tasks). I'd like to have the ability to copy the subtasks duplicates and drop them into the parent tasks.

In my case I have about 18 top level tasks each will have 6 or 7 subtasks each that are the same. That is allot of pasting and dragging for each one. 18 x 7 = 126 pastes and drags ...

I am not sure if I am explaining myself well .. but I couldn't find any sign of the feature to duplicate a set of tasks.

If I overlooked it point me to it - if it don't exist, here's my request :)

Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, but there is not currently a way to duplicate tasks. This is something that we hope to support in the future.
J-Mac

Not critical for me, but would be really nice to have!

Thanks!

Jim
jon.ripsom

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
Add a vote from me as well! I have a number of activities that I would create as tasks and subtasks if I could copy them over again and again each time I needed to execute the activity.

Thanks!
Jon
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2008
Would a repeating task work for you in these instances?
Peter Scott

Posted: Nov 22, 2008
I'll add a vote for this too. Small example: create a task for someone's birthday with subtasks: T-2 weeks: buy present, T-1 week, send card, T-0: telephone. Big example: template for project to set up new website: Get domain name, get hosting record, create theme, create home page, etc. Then I want to be able to copy each of these for other people's birthdays and other website projects.
aldonc

Posted: Nov 22, 2008
I do this a lot for projects by creating the "template" in excel and saving those tasks as a csv to import into Toodledo.

I generally setup the basics such as folder and action in the excel file and use the calendar in Toodledo to set due dates, etc.

I still need to drag these under the parent (which is part of the import) to make them sub-tasks but they are all together in the Recently Added tab.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008.
saskia.x

Posted: Nov 23, 2008
I'd like to add a vote for this feature. It's something I've wanted ever since I started using Toodledo (over a year ago), and have not found any satisfactory workaround.

There are many ways that duplicating tasks would be useful, and would really improve the efficiency of use of Toodledo. I'd love an easy way to create things like "follow up" tasks, for instance, and duplicating tasks would be an obvious way to do this (i.e. with the aim of creating a task that is pretty much identical to the previous one but with a slightly different name and a new due date). I frequently create tasks that are very similar to existing ones, but are not necessarily tasks that I would want to duplicate regularly enough to justify creating a template in excel.

Toodledo is supposed to help us be more efficient and effective in getting stuff done, so anything that makes us more efficient & effective in our interactions with Toodledo can only be a good thing!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.