ForumsQuestionsFirefox Add-On Ubuntu 9.10 (KK)

Firefox Add-On Ubuntu 9.10 (KK)
Mark

Posted: May 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi - Love Toodledo, but the Firefox Add-On does not seem to be working with v 3.5.9. From Tools>Toodledo>Settings, my email address and password are pre-populated. Just in case I deleted them and re-entered them. Still unable to (a) bring up the website, (b) add a task, (c) get the Help dialog for Toodledo to work.

When I try "Add Task", I get the following in the Firefox error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getCharPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://toodledo/content/toodledo.js :: Toodledo_add :: line 157" data: no]

When I try the Go To Website menu item, the error console produces:

Error: Toodledo_gotoweb is not defined
Source File: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
Line: 1

I am using the add on from
http://www.toodledo.com/widget/toodledo1_70.xpi

Thanks.

Mark D.
PeterW 

Posted: May 19, 2010
I can't debug the error codes and am confused by the reference to 'Chrome' in one of the errors given that you're using FireFox.

But I would suggest that you do two things:
1. Update FireFox to the latest release build (3.6.3)
2. Update the Toodledo FireFox plug-in to the latest version (1.70).

Make sure you re-confirm your login details after loading the new plug-in. I'm using these versions and they work fine for me.
Mark

Posted: May 20, 2010
The Chrome references surprised me as well. I installed the plug-in yesterday. The location I pasted says
http://www.toodledo.com/widget/toodledo1_70.xpi
Isn't that version 1.70?
It is listed as 1.70 in my Add-Ons box.

What repository for ubuntu 9.10 has this firefox build (3.6.3)? Is it in 10.04?

One thing I have noticed is that right-clicking anywhere in a web page will bring up a menu with Toodledo items on it. If I try to add an item, the folder and context options that I have defined are not represented.
PeterW 

Posted: May 20, 2010
Sorry, I don't know. When you start talking about ubuntu I'm lost.

It sounds like you have the latest add-in version. So if your folders and contexts are not shown in the drop-down fields, the only thing it can be is that the add-in cannot access your Toodledo account. I'd suggest checking your ID & password again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.