ForumsQuestionsHow to roll-over tasks?

How to roll-over tasks?
ddara

Posted: May 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
is there a way to automatically roll-over tasks onto the next day if they haven't been completed? And do it in the way that they would move to the next day in your calendar as well and don't just get lost in the past-due date? I've been struggling with this for a while now. Would really appreciate help!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
There are two ways. Manually edit the due-date and move it forward. If you do this to lots of tasks each day, you could do this in bulk with a saved search and the multi-edit tool.

The other way is to make the task an optional daily repeating task. These get moved forward at midnight if you didn't do them.
PeterW 

Posted: May 25, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by ddara:
is there a way to automatically roll-over tasks onto the next day if they haven't been completed? And do it in the way that they would move to the next day in your calendar as well and don't just get lost in the past-due date? I've been struggling with this for a while now. Would really appreciate help!

Another way to approach this dilemma would be from the GTD perspective - i.e. consider not setting due dates on tasks unless they absolutelty positively must be done on that particular day. Any task that doesn't fall into the 'must be done on that day' category really shouldn't be assigned a due date.

I used to set due dates for most tasks and then roll them forward each day if they weren't done. When I thought about it, the tasks weren't really due - I'd just set an arbitrary date (i.e. a nice-to-be-done-by date). The fact that I didn't get them done and kept rolling them forward was proof they weren't really due.

This can save a lot of wasted time and takes off some pressure too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.