ForumsQuestionsSubtask defaults (when using "Add a subtask"

Subtask defaults (when using "Add a subtask"
Brad White

Posted: May 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When you have a task setup with a number of subtasks, it provides a button "Add a Subtask" which is a form of 'quick entry'. A really handy feature :)

However, when you enter the subtask, it prompts only for the description...and defaults everything else to the "New task defaults".

Why wouldn't you have the default or at least allow it such that when a new sub-task is created, it inherits the same context, tag, and potentially start date and priority as the 'master task'? It already inherits the same folder...why not the other categorisation type fields?

Is this an option that could be added? Some form of "defaults for subtasks" or similar?
PeterW 

Yes, I'd like this too. I wouldn't want to pick up start and due dates from the parent, so perhaps a user setting would be best, e.g. you could simply check off which fields are to be inherited by new sub-tasks.
Quang

+1 I think it should inherit more then the Folder, perhaps Goal and priority, but getting it right seems to be tricky, understandable what will work for some people won't work for others.

And having a lot of options to config might be too much.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is planned for a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.