ForumsQuestionsSubtask Warning message

Subtask Warning message
andy56

Posted: May 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I often get a warning message like the following whenever I am closing a repeating task with subtasks:

"This repeating task has 7 subtasks. Completing it may cause some subtasks to repeat and others to be completed."

Is there anyway to turn these warning messages off?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2010
Not currently. This is an important warning because those subtasks will be altered.
andy56

Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Thanks for the reply. But I don't need the warning. I use "With parent" for the sub-tasks I want to repeat and "None" for those I don't. So I don't get surprised and consequently don't need the warning.

Make sense?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 09, 2010
We may add a user preference to turn off confirmation messages in the future.
oscar.levin

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
What would really be nice is to not have this warning when the subtasks are already completed. I like having the warning when completing a task will also complete an uncompleted subtask, but if every subtask is complete, the warning is misleading.
andy56

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
Oscar,
You said it best. Let's hope for a change.

Cheers, Andy
andy56

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We may add a user preference to turn off confirmation messages in the future.

Hope you are still thinking of this. If it helps, may I suggest such messages as: "This repeating task has 7 subtasks. Completing it may cause some subtasks to repeat and others to be completed." not be triggered if all the sub-tasks have some sort of Repeat assigned to them.

Cheers,

Andy
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.